Highfield Preparatory School is a Beacon of Excellence in all-round education. This is achieved by forming a partnership with the girls, their parents and the school. When starting at Highfield, all girls join the “Highfield Highway” where we challenge minds, stimulate imagination and provide enjoyment that maximises the potential of every girl and empowers her to take full advantage of her life and studies.
Our mission is to be a friendly and caring independent day school for girls up to Year 6, with high academic standards, maximising the potential of each girl by focusing on her as an individual and working closely with parents and all members of the Highfield community to achieve our aims.
We believe that at Highfield Prep every girl matters and their learning should be fun, purposeful and challenging. We are committed to delivering inspirational teaching, encouraging the girls to thrive and achieve as individuals, preparing them for their role as caring and active citizens in the global community.
Highfield is a lively school, sustaining values which encourage children to develop a love of learning and to discover their own strengths in a caring atmosphere where every person is valued. Highfield aims to develop skills for life: self-confidence, resilience, independence, respect for others and the environment, creativity and imagination and a desire to live life to the full.
To develop a love of learning by providing an exciting and stimulating education, encouraging all pupils to maximise their potential and to prepare them socially, emotionally and physically for the next stage in education.
- To develop lively and enquiring minds.
- To develop spiritual richness and respect for faith, self-confidence and independence.
- To create opportunities for independent thinking, self-expression and creativity.
- To respect self, others and the environment.
- To value honesty, fairness, compassion and empathy.
- To celebrate achievement.
- To work closely with parents and all members of the Highfield community to achieve these aims.